New Patients First Dental Visit
Initial Dental Exam in Wayne NJ
What sets Wayne Dental Arts apart from most other dental practices is our personalized initial exam and consultation. It will provide you with a lifetime plan for having stable, comfortable, healthy, problem free teeth.
- Call us at Wayne NJ Office Phone Number (973) 694-8625
- Get driving directions
- Meet Dr. Maldonado
- Patient Forms
Your initial appointment will consist of a very thorough comprehensive exam and initial consultation.This intensive examination will consist of the following:
- Medical history review
- Soft tissue exam of the Head and Neck
- Oral Cancer Exam
- Periodontal Exam to check for gum disease
- Temperomandibular joint exam (your jaw joint)
- Integrity of all existing restorations for decay or failure
- Full set of radiographs (if necessary) to check for decay, abscesses, tumors, and other dental infections
- Diagnostic models of your teeth (as needed)
- Photographs to evaluate your smile, teeth, and gum tissue
- Pre-Consultation with specialists if necessary for comprehensive care
Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the initial consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require a second appointment to discuss any necessary treatment.
During consultation we will identify your personal desires and concerns regarding esthetics, function, and general oral health.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your initial visit:
- Any X-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary policy information. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please alert Dr Frank Maldonado at his Wayne NJ dental office at Wayne NJ Office Phone Number (973) 694-8625 if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med.)
If your previous dentist has taken recent x-rays (within 6-months), you may request that they forward them to our office (we can help you do this). If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
Our radiographs are taken digitally which reduces the radiation exposure to you by approximately 75%.